We are still working out the kinks but this is what we have for the scoring so far.
- You get 1 pt for every mile that you ride (partial points ok)
- Rain during that leg gets double points for that leg only.
- There will be extra points for riding a fixie (maybe 1.25-1.5x)
- You get extra points based on the weight of your bike and gear (backpack, panniers, etc) 30-40 lbs = 1pt 40-50 lbs = 2pts >50 lbs = 3pts.
- Sending in a mustache photo earns 5 points, being selected is another 5 pts.
- The commuter challenge will begin October 1.
- You must have a calibrated computer to account for the miles.
- Joy rides, training rides, etc do not count towards the mileage. Grocery trip however DO count.
- You will most likely have to register for the race and submit your times a few times a week.
- Current standings will be posted every Monday AM.
Stay tuned for additional details...