Saturday, September 13, 2008

Gettin my rage on.

In the past week or so I have seen twice some iteration of the parable that says basically "Don't look where you don't want to go."
The last time I saw it was on the CAMBC site. Fitting. I think that you could apply it to every aspect of life though. I'm gonna try it and get back to you later. But before then... Tomorrow at 10:30, I'm going to try and not look at a whole bunch of hard and unforgiving things at O Hill.
For those of you who don't know me, I work at C'ville Bike and Tri as a wrench. I have more than one tattoo and I smell like a rock star. Naturally one would surmise that I am a badass mountain biker like Kyle. One would be wrong. Ask Eric, he'll tell you.
I like it though. I think I could love it given time.
I need some skillz.
Lucky for me I found this...

From the CAMBC website:
http://www.cambc.org/boards/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=353
"
Sunday September 14, 2008 – MTB Rock Garden Clinic – Free
O-hill, 10:30 AM, Meet at the upper gate near the observatory. For questions or to RSVP:Johanna.Kraus@gmail.com

Johanna Kraus (Velo-Bella Pro & CRC member) will be leading this skill session focusing on the low speed balance skills that will help riders effectively navigate technical terrain. Specifically we will focus on climbing technical switchbacks and riding rock gardens. The clinic will include trail riding and drills on body movement, shifting and braking. All skill levels are welcome. This is agreat opportunity to practice those tricky sections that have been hanging you up on group rides, or that just get you frustrated. Amaze your friends:) "

I get frustrated and would love to be able to amaze my friends! I think I will go there.
Apparently James held a clinic on all things turn-y on Saturday. He said it went well. Yay! I wish I could have gone, I like to turn. It helps me avoid all those things that I'm not looking at. Maybe he will hold another...

Stay tuned for the update. Also, stay tuned for info on October's Commuter challenge (It's going to have prizes and heartbreak I swear.) and also also we will be holding a 3 day (I think) "Get off your lazy butt and do it yourself" home bike mechanics class some time in the fall or winter, or both. So stay tuned for that as well.

No comments: